16 Dec Happy Holidays from Blue Sky Insurance Agency
5 Tips to Stay Safe This Holiday Season
Holiday time is supposed to be the most joyous time of the year, but when something unexpected happens, it can turn tragic very quickly.
We’ve assembled a short list of tips to help keep you safe and happy throughout your holiday season this year.
1. Electrical Decorations – Make sure you inspect all of your decorations before using them. Make sure you don’t have any cracked or loose wires, your outlets are solid and not damaged. Any one of these issues can potentially cause a fire.
2. Outlets – Overloaded outlets are a major cause of fire risk every year. Make sure you only plug one item into each socket and never connect more than three incandescent together at a time to avoid sparking a problem.
3. Pinched Cords – Pinched power cords can also be a fire hazard. Make sure your extension cords are not stuck under furniture, closed in window sills, or too much of an attractive target for your pets chewing habits.
4. Tree Safety – If you’re using a natural Christmas Tree, be sure to keep it watered sufficiently throughout the season. A dry tree will become fuel for potential fire very quickly.
Half of home fire deaths happen after 11pm and before 7am, according to the National Fire Prevention Association. Be sure you unplug your decorations when going to sleep or leaving the house. And never leave lit candles unattended.
5. Pet Safety – Poinsettias are pretty and add a beautiful flair to your decorations, but they are poisonous when consumed, especially to animals. Keep your furry friends safe!
Have a very happy holiday season!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.