22 Nov Happy Thanksgiving!
Blue Sky Recipe!
Mama’s Harvest Stuffing
Thanksgiving was always my dad’s favorite holiday and is my hubby’s favorite as well. The centerpiece of our holiday dinner was Mama’s Harvest Stuffing, which I am happy to share with you today.
• One medium sweet onion, finely chopped
• Two stalks celery, finely chopped
• Two medium baking apples, peeled and chopped
• ¾ cup butter
• One pound of country breakfast sausage, sautéed until crumbly. Drain and pat with paper towel to remove as much grease as possible
• One bag herb seasoned cubed stuffing
• Two to three cups Chicken broth
• 2 Eggs
Melt ½ the butter
Sauté onion and celery in butter until just transparent and set aside
Melt remaining butter
Sauté apple in butter
Stir onion mixture, apples and sausage into the cubed stuffing
Moisten bread mixture with one cup broth
Let sit 10 minutes
Mix eggs and one cup broth
Fold into bread mixture
Press into a buttered 2 quart baking dish
Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 45 minutes. This can be done the day before it’s served.
Uncover and bake until heated through and the top is crisp (generally another 30-45 minutes)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.